PTO NOTES & NEWS SEPTEMBER 2011
We have received $575 in direct donations - thank you!
We will be funding new sand for the volleyball court which was upgraded this summer.
The PTO will be discussing a capital improvement plan for the year and how to spend our money. Anyone interested in this please contact Randy Sweeney or Alice Brown.
HANNAFORD HELPS SCHOOLS program goes from 9/4 - 12/3. If you shop at Hannaford check out the tags in the store indicating which brands are included in the program. Buy 4 of any product and earn dollars for our school. This is a huge fundraiser for us every year!
PRICE CHOPPER TOOLS FOR SCHOOLS: If you have a Price Chopper card and shop there you can register for our school. Each time you shop there and scan your card, our school earns dollars. If you enrolled in the program prior to August 2010 you need to re-enroll. go to www2.pricechopper.com/toolsforschools. Our school code is 15260.
Highlights of Principals Report:
• Lots of work and improvements were done in the school over the summer including replacement of boilers, asbestos removal, carpet replacement and computer replacements.
• The SCS administration was recognized by the VT Dept. of Ed for outstanding leadership in support of a culture of wellness in our school.
• New Staff: Emily Vigneault - 3rd grade, Katie McGrain - 4th grade, Caril Lilly - 7th grade art, Margo Austin - CY Connecting Youth SAP
• A new Skills4Life period has been created for middle school students. This time will be dedicated to teaching health and wellness and will be taught by Jocelyn Bouyea, Rachel Petraska, Margo Austin, Alan Mihan, Georgene Grover, Allan Miller and core teachers.
• Middle school sports - 45 students on cross-country, 44 in boys soccer, 22 in girls soccer and 35 in girls field hockey.
MARK YOUR CALENDARS:
Innisbrook Gift Wrap Fundraiser begins 9/14 and ends on 9/28
Walking Wednesdays - Every Wednesday in October. Meet at the town green starting at 7:30 and walk to school!
Newberry Cup Bake Sale - October 15
Innisbrook Distribution - October 25
UA Curriculum Night - October 25
Newberry Bake Sale - Bakers and helpers
Innisbrook distribution - on 10/25
Everybody Wins Mentoring Program - This program connects you with a child that you will read with each Tuesday during their lunch. Interested? Contact Kathy Twombly at 985-1189 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pierson Library Booksale - Helpers need to set-up on 10/6 and 10/7, help with sale on 10/8 and 10/9 and packing up on 10/9. Interested? Contact Cathy Townsend at 985-5094 or CJOVT@yahoo.com.
Thank Yous to:
• Rita Daley and Teresa Shuptrine for our PTO bulletin board
• Sarah Vincent and all the Teacher's Breakfast chefs
• First Day Greeters
• Ginger Williamson and Zynnia Seidita for coordinating Innisbrook
• Leslie Borrok, Betty Winget and Lisa Merrill for the SCS Directory
• Directory Ad helpers
• Everyone who filled out a volunteer form!
Questions? Want to get involved?
Contact: Randy Sweeney or Alice Brown